Go to the U of M home page


Jinhee Park's picture

Working on Campus

I remember that when I first entered college, I wanted to work but thought it was illegal for international students to work in the U.S., except for internships. However, I learned from ISSS that you can work as long as you work ON CAMPUS. If you are looking for a part-time job, working on a campus would be a great opportunity for you to make some allowance and it could also make your resume look better! Positions are available for graduate and undergraduate students who are currently enrolled at the U of M.

1) Go to the University Job Website

2) Go to "Search Postings" 

3) Fill out the form 

Here is one example,

4) Click Search and look for posting that you are interested

5) Read descriptions of the positions, see if there are any requirements, and follow the application instructions. (MAKE SURE YOU ARE QUALIFIED FOR THE POSITION THAT YOU ARE GOING TO APPLY TO)

6) APPLY for the position. Most of the time, you will need to fill out an application form and your resume. Some competitive positions might require you to submit recommendation letters.

7) Once you complete the application process, wait for the response from the department that you applied to (you can also check your application status on the employment website).


Find more tips at the U's employment site for finding student jobs