Go to the U of M home page

Exchange Programs

Earn credit at your home institution through an established exchange program.

Students who would like to attend and earn academic credits as an exchange student may be nominated through one of the University's exchange partnerships. Students are also nominated to study here based on agreements with governmental agencies. The University of Minnesota accepts applications for exchange students who have been nominated by their home university. We encourage prospective exchange students to consult with their home university's international office to be nominated. A formal agreement between the two universities/institutions must be in place for students to be eligible for "exchange student" status. Exchange students must be enrolled in full-time coursework in order to maintain their visa status.